One of Title III’s most important goals is to contribute to the professional development of our distance faculty in a variety of ways. You have had opportunities to:
- Attend iTeach
- Take an online course (Designing and Developing an Online Course)
- Work with our instructional designers (Kathi Baldwin and Lori Cheezem)
- Participate in webinars (Softchalk and VoiceThread)
- Participate on our Peer Review of Courses committee
Most recently we have created The Faculty Learning Corner for you to access tutorials independently. We will be adding to this blog repository in the years ahead, so please sign up for notices so you’ll receive email notifications whenever we update a tutorial, advertise a new workshop or webinar, or discuss important issues relevant to your teaching.
We have a number of out-of-town training opportunities coming up which you can apply for. Basically, you qualify for travel on Title III funds if you’ve been involved in Title III activities over the last year or are willing to commit your involvement in one of our current projects (iTeach Sitka, Peer Review, Fall ED593). As they appear on the Faculty Learning Corner blog, check them out and see if they would be right for your needs.
If you would like to attend any of the conferences or workshops that we post, send Mary Purvis an email stating the following:
- Which conference you want to attend and why.
- What Title III activities have you engaged in in the last year?
If you have not yet participated in a Title III activity, it’s not too late! Two iTeach opportunities are coming in May and June, you can join the Peer Review committee right now, and the Ed 593 course will be offered again next fall.
We look forward to supporting you!