Here is the fifth of 6 posters which are focused on Accessibility.
Today’s poster is:
Designing for users who are D/deaf or hard of hearing
- write in plain English
- use subtitles or provide transcripts for video
- use a linear, logical layout
- break up content with sub-headings, images and videos
- let users ask for their preferred communication support when booking appointments
- use complicated words or figures of speech
- put content in audio or video only
- make complex layouts and menus
- make users read long blocks of content
- don’t make telephone the only means of contact for users
The posters being shared are created by Karwai Pun and are from accessibility.blog.gov.uk. There are currently six posters in the series and are general guidelines when it comes to the “do’s and don’ts” of accessibility.