Have you ever thought how great it would be if your skill set included computer coding? For adults, the process of learning these skills usually takes time, access, and money. Google has eliminated these barriers with a new app called Grasshopper! This is a beginning coding program where you can learn to do computer coding in a fun way using an interactive app. You work at your own pace, it can be done on your smartphone, and it’s free!!
Here’s what to expect when you download the app:
- The Fundamentals – How code works, calling functions, variables, strings, for loops, arrays, conditionals, operators, objects, and how all these things work together.
- Animations I – Drawing shapes using the popular D3 library, defining functions, callback functions, and animations.
- Animations II – Creating more complex functions using D3 and the topics from The Fundamentals course.
The app is free and is available for Android and iOS –
- Android – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.area120.grasshopper
- iOS – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1354133284
Have fun learning to code!!