VoiceThread is offering some free workshops this fall to help you get started using the tool and to focus on how it can enhance communication in your current classroom. These workshops cover both the pedagogy and the how-to aspects of the tool.
What exactly is VoiceThread? It’s a cloud-based tool (no software to download) that allows you to create a sense of presence with your voice. Students can speak using a headset, a telephone, or a mobile device. They can even upload an audio file. You and your students can annotate or draw on slides while speaking. Your VoiceThread can be private or public. Currently we have a license for faculty while students creating their own VoiceThread can use the free version.
Basic VT Skills
- Basics 1: Uploading, commenting, and sharing – Sept 23 at 7:00pm ET
- Basics 2: Creating groups and advanced sharing – Sept 30 at 7:00pm ET
- Basics 3: Comment moderation, re-ordering, and copying – Oct 7 at 7:00pm ET
- VoiceThread in Your LMS – Oct 28 at 7:00pm ET
Lesson Design Series
- Assessment – Oct 21 at 7:00pm ET
- Student Portfolios – Nov 4 at 7:00pm ET
- Game-Based Learning – Nov 18 at 7:00pm ET
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) – Nov 24 at 7:00pm ET
- Student-Led Flipped Professional Development – Dec 2 at 7:00pm ET
- VoiceThread Mobile – Dec 9 at 7:00pm ET